Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate (3DG2110)
3D Genomics (3DG) is a contract research organization (CRO) specializing in single cell and spatial transcriptomics in addition to cell-based assays and custom assay development. 3DG is looking for a self-driven and intellectually curious research associate to help conduct a variety of client projects in a collaborative environment. The candidate will work with a team of multidisciplinary scientists and advance their career by learning about diverse research topics and acquiring new lab skills. The ideal candidate will have experience in molecular biology, cell culture and histology techniques, and possess the critical thinking and flexibility to adapt their skills to new experimental settings. The candidate will be an integral contributor to the development of services provided by 3DG and the delivery of high-quality data to 3DG clients.
- Participate in experimental design by actively engaging in technical and scientific discussions.
- Execute client research projects by applying lab skills and scientific knowledge to generate high-quality data. Tasks include (but not limited to) cell culture, single cell and spatial transcriptomics (10x genomics), histology (frozen and FFPE) and imaging (H&E, fluorescence).
- Accurately and effectively communicate technical/scientific observations and results to other team members and actively engage in troubleshooting hurdles.
- Maintain detailed records about experiments and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Contribute to data analysis when necessary.
- Participate in general lab tasks including organization, ordering and instrument validation.
- BSc or MSc degree in biology or relevant discipline with 4+ years of lab experience.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, cell culture and/or histology strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly report results and observations and provide meaningful feedback and insights on experiments.
- Strong attention to details with the ability to identify and track experimental errors using critical thinking.
- Ability to solve technical and scientific problems by self-driven investigation and/or discussion with other team members.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask while maintaining priorities and high-quality performance.
Additional Criteria and Requirements
- 3DG is an equal opportunity employer
- Candidate must be able to work in the US
- This is a full-time position
- Candidate must be a resident in the San Diego area
Employee benefits include a group health plan, 401K plan and stock options.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter.
Join Our Team
If you’re interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.